Copper Mountain, CO, April 8-10, 2021 (to be confirmed)
(Virtual) October 30-December 18, 2020
I have been blessed with a long, adventurous and remarkable life. I have learned a lot, worked with amazing people all over the world, and, hopefully, helped millions of people embrace, and practice, spirituality in the workplace and making work and organizations an inspiring and central part of people’s lives. I want to share that knowledge gained over 60 years with others who share my dream: Changing the world by creating inspiring organizations. If you share this passion with me, then the Higher Ground Leadership® Masterclass is for you.
Here is Some Background and Description of Benefits:
The Higher Ground Leadership® Masterclass event consists of two parts:
- The Virtual Learning Experience: This takes place on Zoom over eight weeks. It is an intensive immersion, taught personally by Dr. Lance Secretan, in which a small number of participants learn the concepts of Higher Ground Leadership®, described in The Bellwether Effect and The Spark, the Flame and the Torch and 21 other books and over 40 years of research. The intention is that you and other leaders, consultants, coaches, teachers, facilitators and trainers can enhance your own work and deliver programs based on the principles of Higher Ground Leadership®, using it in your own practice or organization. And, you may just wish to live these principles in your daily life. You will also be joining a network of people who share similar goals and backgrounds, offering a new community of collaboration.
- A Practicum: This is a project—for example, a new or challenging coaching client, designing a learning program, initiating a project, creating a leadership development initiative, developing a speech or presentation, running a workshop, or updating an existing program such as performance management or on-boarding. Once the project has been designed and approved, Dr. Secretan will be your mentor, offering any guidance you need to design a successful outcome for your assignment, using the principles of Higher Ground Leadership®.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
The three steps to inspiring people and their organizations and communities to greatness:
- The Spark—How We Become Inspired.
- “Filling up our own Inspiration Tank”—We cannot be inspiring for others—employees, clients, customers, vendors and suppliers, friends, partners—until we are inspired ourselves. The first step is to define our North Star—why we are here—what we call Destiny, Character and Calling (https://www.secretan.com/tools/forums/why-be-do_forum/) or the Why-Be-Do®.
- “How to Build Inspiring Relationships”—Great organizations are built one inspiring relationship at a time (secretan.com/5d). The Secretan Center has developed many tools and ways of being for achieving this, some of which draw on Dr. Lance Secretan’s book, A Love Story.
- “How to create ONE Dream®”—Great organizations have moved beyond Mission, Vision and Values Statements—they have ONE Dream® that galvanizes passion and inspires the world. The same holds true for each of us individually—we become inspired when a dream ignites our passion for life.
- The Flame—Inspiring Others.
- “How to live in a way that inspires others” to do great things so that we are consciously making the world a better place. We do this by living the CASTLE® Principles—a proven recipe for inspiring others.
- The Torch—Inspiring the World.
- “Coaching, mentoring, teaching, leading, growing others”; paying it forward and creating a legacy. (The Vector)
What You Will Accomplish During the Retreat:
- Recharge your own levels of inspiration
- Clarify the purpose of your life
- Increase your ability to inspire others to excellence
- Identify your dream(s)
- Unlock new skills for building inspiring relationships
- Learn a new model and tools that will help you to coach others to greatness
- Change your life —and the lives of others—forever.
The end goal is to support you in teaching this work, sharing it with your colleagues, clients, and family, energizing your team, and for us to use our time together to help you to implement your own training, coaching and development plans and needs. The group will be restricted—less than ten—in virtual format, or, in the future, when practical , in a spectacular environment, enabling a level of intimacy and ambiance that leads to a productive pace and maximum interaction.
The MasterClass Community
Graduates of the Higher Ground Leadership® Pathfinder Masterclass, receive many post-graduation benefits:
- A thriving alumni community,
- A private area on our website where proprietary materials can be accessed
- Regular free refresher teleclasses for Higher Ground Leadership®, Masterclasses Graduates (we call them Pathfinders)
- The use of our Pathfinder logo that can be displayed on your website and business cards
- Regular updates to our surveys, instruments and tools
- Regular refining of our website to facilitate collaboration and continue the learning and development that we begin in these sessions.
- A 30% discount on all Secretan Center products in our E-store, including surveys, books, CDs, DVDs, apparel, training and other materials.
Before You Register
Each curriculum is adapted to fit the specific needs of each individual participant, and one or more conference calls with all registrants will be held prior to the retreat to make sure we synchronize our mutual expectations and guarantee that our time together is carefully tailored to meet your needs.
Here are Some Logistical Details (for physical events only):
Virtual Events: Virtual events are hosted using the Zoom videoconferencing software —details will be provided to all registered participants.
Physical Events: One day, we will be returning to physical events which are residential, 3 ½ day experiences. We will be working together the evening of your arrival day, Wednesday (let us know what time, and how you will be arriving, so that we can try to assist you with pick-ups and schedule our start time), and the days of Thursday, Friday and Saturday and departing the evening of Saturday or the morning of Sunday (please let us know your travel schedule so that we can guide you regarding any logistical/transportation details).
CANADA: You will be heading to Caledon, Ontario and working at my home which is about 50 miles northwest of Toronto’s airport. There are many B&B’s in the area and we will be pleased to make a recommendation.
UNITED STATES: You will be traveling to Denver and then taking a shuttle to my home in Copper Mountain, CO, which is about 75 miles west of Denver International Airport.
Your total cost, apart from incidentals, for this event will be $3,500 (for virtual or physical programs). For physical events, this will cover the tuition fees and materials, lunches and breakfasts. It does not include air and ground transportation, and evening meals or accommodation. Following your acceptance, we will contact you to obtain your payment details, or you can pay directly here: https://tinyurl.com/zfdyhrc. Please let us know (email@example.com) if you have any food preferences or allergies, and if there are any other issues that you would like us to know, and we will ensure that we accommodate you.
We look forward to your participation in Copper Mountain, Colorado or Caledon, Ontario, or our virtual events—just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have. After we receive your payment, we will send you the draft outline of the material we will cover during the Higher Ground Leadership® Masterclass, together with all other necessary information. We will also give you the details for the pre-course conference calls with Dr. Secretan to align your expectations and answer all your questions.
We look forward to spending this inspiring time together and to working closely with you!
Founder & CEO
The Secretan Center Inc.