Coaching with Dr. Lance Secretan
Why do great leaders hire a coach? They know that in order to reach their true potential and to attain breakthrough results they must stretch, grow and be courageous. An exceptional and seasoned coach helps a client to do this by being objective – free of politics or bias – offering independent, yet sympathetic wisdom. A good leadership coach helps to identify possibilities, share helpful experiences and techniques, guide clients in “reading” people, suggest fresh or different perspectives, and the tools and processes to get there. Great coaches bring wisdom and special gifts that come from experience. Dr. Lance Secretan has been a top-level confidant, coach and mentor to leaders from a wide variety of disciplines from all over the world. He brings:
- Wisdom: One of the world’s foremost thinkers about leadership and a renowned pioneer in innovative methods of inspiring people and organizations.
- CEO/Leadership Experience: He has a deep understanding of what it takes to be a leader—he was CEO of Manpower Limited, building it from scratch, over 14 years, to an organization employing 72,000 full and part-time employees.
- Track Record: He consults and mentors globally with leaders—helping 6 companies to reach Fortune’s Best Companies to Work For in America list and counting 8 others on this list as his clients. In addition, 30 Secretan Center clients are on Fortune’s Most Admired Companies list.
- Thought Leadership: Dr. Secretan is ranked 17th in the world by Leadership Gurus, and Speakers in America ranks him among the Top Five Leadership speakers. He is ranked among the Top 30 coaches in the world by Global Gurus. His firm, The Secretan Center, Inc., is ranked #1 in the world as an international Leadership Consulting firm by Leadership Excellence.
- Researcher, Author and Writer: He is the international best-selling author of fifteen books on leadership and he recently released his 16th, a personal memoir entitled, A Love Story. He is an award-winning columnist for many publications
- Teacher and Academic: He has been an award-winning professor at two universities. He has several degrees including a Masters in International Relations from the University of Southern California (magna cum laude) and a Ph. D. from the London School of Economics (He interviewed many top leaders, including Menachim Begin and Anwar Sadat, while researching conflict in the Middle East).
- Speaker: He addresses audiences around the world and was voted one of the nation’s top ten speakers, and one of the “top 21 speakers for the 21st century” by Successful Meetings magazine
- Community Service: He was the Chairman of the Advisory Board of the 1997 Special Olympics World Winter Games and former Ambassador to the United Nations Environment Program and supports numerous community initiatives and organizations.
- Altruist: He has received many awards, including the prestigious International Caring Award (often referred to as the US equivalent of the Nobel Prize), whose other recipients include and Jane Goodall, Mother Teresa, Bishop Desmond Tutu, Jimmy Carter, the Dalai Lama and Pope Francis.
- Athlete: He is an expert skier, as well as a mountain biker, kayaker and hiker, dividing his time between homes in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, and Ontario, Canada overlooking a 700-acre wilderness reserve.
Another important reason why leaders seek out Lance as a coach: they want their own lives to be like his. He is fit, athletic, brainy, balanced, connected, successful AND spiritual. He knows about relationships too – his remarkable marriage is the subject of his latest book. He is grateful for a loving family and a wide circle of friends. Leaders want to know Lance’s secrets – how he lives such a blessed life.
Lance accepts a very limited number of committed clients who are focused on making meaningful breakthroughs in their work and personal lives and to achieving excellence that serves the world.
"I worked with Lance Secretan during the transition to my current CEO position. Lance is experienced, professional and brings a unique perspective from his many years as an operating CEO. He is challenging, insightful and direct. I valued his counsel—he provided the wise ears and encouraging heart that I needed—and it worked."