What is Higher Ground Leadership®?
It is a breakthrough leadership philosophy that seeks to transform organizations through individual growth and strategic transformation. It is not a “program” but a life-changing approach that invites people to be authentic, to undertake deep reflection and to connect with others in ways they may not have experienced before. Participants reframe their entire view of people and the world by learning a set of original concepts, letting go of obstructing beliefs, and discovering new and transforming insights.
- 80% of people do not look forward to going to work on Monday morning.
- 65% of current employees are looking for another job.
- 75% of employees say that their boss is the most stressful part of their job.
- 65% of employees say they would take a new boss over a pay raise, and
- 40% of employees quit because they can’t get along with their boss.
Life is energy—positive and negative. We have choices. We can choose to follow this negative and dismal pattern of leadership or we can choose the positive—because it is a choice that is inspiring and inspires others. Higher Ground Leadership® is an overarching methodology, developed over 37 years, that creates inspiring environments.
There are three steps to inspiring people and their organizations and communities to greatness:
- The Spark—Becoming Inspired. In the journey towards creating inspiring organizations and lives, it is first necessary for us to become inspired ourselves—we cannot give what we do not have.
- Defining our North Star—Destiny, Character and Calling—WHY we are here, How we will BE, and What we will DO—which we call the “Why-Be-Do“.
- Building Inspiring Relationships—great organizations are built one inspiring relationship at a time—through inspiration even more than motivation.
- Defining our ONE Dream®—Mission, Vision and Values Statements lack the necessary passion to inspire—great organizations have ONE Dream®—a higher order of magnitude—that ignites and galvanizes passion into inspiration.
- The Flame—Inspiring Others.
- Living in a way, and with values, that inspire others to do great things and make the world a better place. We do this by living the CASTLE® Principles—a proven recipe for inspiring others.
- The Torch—Inspiring the World.
- Coaching, teaching, leading, growing others; paying it forward and creating a legacy. Practicing the Vector.
Higher Ground Leadership® develops the inner landscape of leaders so they can have greater external impact on their organizations, and the world. This work focuses on who leaders are not what they do. It provides highly effective and practical tools for immediate day-to-day application.
Secretan Faculty Members can also assist in bringing the work inside the organization through facilitation, training events, executive coaching and strategic mentoring. The option to develop an internally delivered DVD-based training program is also offered.